Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lorna as The Wicked Witch...


Later this year, Lorna Luft – the daughter of legendary screen Dorothy Judy Garland and sister of Liza Minnelli – will play the Wicked Witch of the West in another production of The Wizard of Oz, which runs at The Lowry outside Manchester for a Christmas season from 29 November 2008 to 3 January 2009.
In the UK, Luft’s stage credits include Babes in Arms at Chichester Festival last summer, White Christmas and her own concert show, Songs My Mother Taught Me, which had a West End season in 2004. Commenting on her new role, Luft said: “I’m so excited about performing in the show for which my mother is so well known. I can’t wait to play a baddie as it’s so different from anything I’ve done before. I always have such a good time in the UK, and I’m really looking forward to appearing on stage at The Lowry.”

No comments: